Monday, January 17, 2011

I feed 10 year olds sugar, let them run wild and give them back to their parents... is that so wrong?

Day 4: Up and Comer you're most excited to see...

There are a few skaters that I believe would become great skaters in the future... the one I keep going back in Mackenzie Connelly.  She's my only 10 year old friend (this involves me pumping her full of sugar and then sending her back to her mother.). I've seen her skate and I believe she has what it takes in becoming a champion one day.  She has the speed, the footwork, the flow and it shows that she loves to be out there on the ice.  She also has the energy of a rabbit.   I once attended her competition in Orleans and once she got off the ice, she has doing back flips on concrete and showing off her gymnastic moves. 

Her parents are also very supportive in whatever she wants to do.  It doesn't matter if she wins or looses, what matters if she enjoys whatever she does which makes all difference in the world to any child athlete.  She has no pressure to win which is why she skates freely and does so well in competition.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, your turn to post your favorite ice dance program! I did!

    ReplyDelete